Re: st: analysis of multi-site studies

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   Re: st: analysis of multi-site studies
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stas Kolenikov <> wrote:

> Your answer to (2) is not correct: the fixed effect
> is equivalent to
> introducing dummy variables only for the linear
> model. For anything
> non-linear, the fixed effect is conditioning on this
> (for the -clogit- > model, you are conditioning on >
the number of 0's and  1's in each
> center), which is some complicated algebra.

Thank you Stas. I though that they were equal if there
was only a single independent categorical variable in
the model.

Then the question remains, am I justified in using
-clogit- and not dummies in this situation?

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK

Do you Yahoo!?