st: endogeneity and IV

From   "Katarina Lynch" <>
Subject   st: endogeneity and IV
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:44:46 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to inroduce instrumental variables to fix the endogeneity
problem caused by fixed and random effects regressions. How can I determine
which independent variables are endogenous, i.e. correlated with the error
term? I simply gave the command "pw resid var1 var2 var3 var4" and it gave a
matrix where one of the variables showed a correlation with resid. Does it
mean that this variable is endogenous or is there any other way? The reason
I am asking this, perhaps, strange question is, in STATA7, the xtabond
command requires predetermined variables in the sense that E(x, error) is

Thank you,

Immer für Sie da. MSN Hotmail. Jetzt
kostenlos anmelden und überall erreichbar sein!