st: RE: How to display Greek letters in Stata?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to display Greek letters in Stata?
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:31:32 +0100

Stata as such as no support for Greek letters,
unless they happen to be the same as Roman ones,
which is true of several upper case letters.

But you may find some appropriate font for your
operating system. There seem to be subtle differences
between fonts popular for showing ancient Greek,
modern Greek and "mathematical" Greek.

In a paper I would put any Greek, and indeed any
non-elementary mathematics generally, in text or the
Figure caption, but that is not a solution to your question, just
a way of avoiding the issue.

There are no doubt other ways round this. People
who know PostScript may be able to comment on whether
this can be solved by saving your graph as .eps and
hacking at the PostScript.

David Han