RE: st: ordered probit and panels

From   "Guillaume Frechette" <>
Subject   RE: st: ordered probit and panels
Date   Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:58:22 +0000

Hi Justina: you could also use reoprob.

Subject: st: ordered probit and panels
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:14:17 +0200

Dear All,

I would like to estimate an ordered probit with a balanced panel of 3-4
waves. When I understand the handbook correctly, there is no xt-command for
that purpose, and svyoprobit applies to a cross section only . Oprobit with
clustering of individuals is no alternative either as the cluster option
does not take into account the 'direction' of the 'correlation'. Besides
gllamm, is there another alternative ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Justina Fischer

P.S: I know that I have posted a similar question one year ago, but there
were  only 2 waves available at that time. So I could apply oprobit,
cluster(id) in that case.

Dipl.Vw. Justina A.V. Fischer,
Research Associate
SIAW - University of St. Gallen
Bodanstr. 8
CH-9000 St. Gallen
Tel.:++41-71-224 2345
Fax: ++41-71-224 2298
Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfeeŽ Security.

* For searches and help try: