st: grqreg for Stata 7

From   Puja Vasudeva <>
Subject   st: grqreg for Stata 7
Date   Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:54:22 +0100

I found mention of grqreg.ado in the Statalist archives for graphing the coefficients of a quantile regression (<>).

My problem is that I use Stata 7 and this ado file was written for Stata 8. I can change most of the syntax to make it run in Stata 7 - except the function "wordcount". Does anyone have a modified version to run on Stata 7? Failing that, can anyone tell me the Stata 7 equivalent of wordcount?

Thanks very much!
* For searches and help try: