Re: st: RE: how to upadate stata from version 8.1 to 8.2?

From   Daniel Egan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: how to upadate stata from version 8.1 to 8.2?
Date   Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:51:09 -0400

and in further contingency, in the case that you _do_ have
internet-capable Stata, and sucessfully begin downloading the update,
and at some point while downloading the ".ado" files you receive an
error that simply says "I/O Error", you will need to download the
updates from Stata's website using your web browser, and then manually
update from inside the default Stata directory.

The link that Richard provided will lead you there and provide
directions for updating "manually"....

http://www.stata.com/support/updates/stata8.html