st: re:ST: drop down file menu

From   "Eric Uslaner" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: re:ST: drop down file menu
Date   Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:23:00 -0400

I wrote:

 Re the wish list: (1) simple, I hope, would be a drop down add on to
> the file menu listing recent files accessed, as in most Windows
programs
> (even SPSS);

And Uli Kohler replied:
Check out -rfl- written by  Dankwart Plattner  from SSC.

I have done so--downloaded it--but:

(1) it only lists the last 2 files I have used no matter what I click
on;
and (2) irritatingly, it falls behind the review window even if I try
to save windowing preferences by moving the rfl window (as with
graphics--Stata, please fix this, you promised to do so when 8.0 first
came out)--and I have to resize manually the review window each time I
use it.  A real pain for a small gain.  A drop down list of recently
used files would be much better.

Ric Uslaner
Department of Government and Politics
University of Maryland