RE: st: RE: Stata 9.0?

From   "jyotsna puri" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Stata 9.0?
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:51:57 +0000

Well incase this helps - since I just ordered Stata 8.0 to upgrade my 7.0, I was
worried about the new version coming out soon. The Stata rep did tell me
that Version 9.0 was not expected for a long while.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: st: RE: Stata 9.0?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:30:37 +0100

I guess there are just two things that
can usefully be said, judging from previous
releases.

1. StataCorp are not in the habit of making public
announcements about release dates until just before
they happen.

At least two good reasons for this are not wanting to
let users down and not wanting to embarrass
themselves. Although we're all eager to see what
the next release brings, this habit of silence is greatly
preferable to a chain of broken promises.

2. The first public announcement usually is
to Statalist itself, sometimes even before
there is an announcement on the website, and
perhaps a week before the new release starts shipping.

Lim, Nelson

> Someone told me today that Stata 9.0 is coming out soon. True?

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

*