st: STATA Wish List, interactions

From   "Mitchell, Michael" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: STATA Wish List, interactions
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:52:37 -0700

  Sorry to jump in the middle of a conversation, but Tim Wade mentioned
a wish about being able to create interaction terms and mentioned
"desmat" for doing this.  I also wanted to make a pitch for "xi3" for
doing this and then "postgr3" for graphing the predicted values
  A quick rundown about "xi3" can be found at with more at .
  Information on "postgr3" can be found at and an
example showing graphing a continuous by continuous interaction can be
found at .
But, please read the help file for "postgr3" and note its limitations.
  As always, all visitors are welcome to our Stata Resources page at and our Stata Portal at .

Happy computing,

Michael Mitchell
Statistical Consulting Group
UCLA Academic Technology Services