Re: st: RE: Stata Wish List

From   Ronán Conroy <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata Wish List
Date   Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:05:51 +0100

Another possibility for communication is RTF. JMP writes results and graphs to an RTF file which can be opened by Word and other word processors. The output appears as a table when opened, allowing table editing operations (such as inserting or deleting rows and columns) to be carried out.

Given its supposed usefulness as a cross-platform medium, I am surprised that people haven't exploited RTF as a potential interface between Stata and the world of word processing.

Further to Emma Slaymaker's comments, I think that PNG format graphs depend on your OS. On OS X they look very well indeed, and I use them as routine.

Ronan M Conroy ( Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics Royal College of Surgeons Dublin 2, Ireland +353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764) -------------------- Just say no to drug reps

* For searches and help try: