Re: st: RE: lags for xi created vars

From   Ed Blackburne <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: lags for xi created vars
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:13:19 -0500

I have created interaction between state (categorical) and income (continuous) variables:

xi*inc for example.

I want to estimate a different slope for each state in a regression and was playing around with xi to make sure I could do it.

Stas Kolenikov wrote:

I am just curious -- why would you need to take lags of anything
produced by -xi-? I usually think of the categorical variables as
something fixed, like one's race or gender.

I have created a set of vars using xi command that has resulted in
_IstXab_1 _IstXab_2, etc.

The following reference to the varlist works:

regress y _IstXab*

However, I cannot use lag or difference operators:

regress y l._IstXab*

results in error of:

_IstXab* ambiguous abbreviation