Re: st: Re: St: Slow STATA

Subject   Re: st: Re: St: Slow STATA
Date   Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:31:02 -0500

At 11:00 AM 10/18/2004 -0400, Wagner, Joseph wrote:

If I click on r(911), I get an error window that states - No entries found
for search on "r(911)"
Some suggestions:

(1) You only have 1 "Poor" response. Combine fair and poor, and do a regular chi-square test. All the expected frequencies are greater than 5 when you do that.

(2) Increase the value of the -exact- parameter. I specified -exact(9)- about an hour ago. It hasn't given me an answer yet, but it hasn't produced an error message either -- it is still running. I'll let you know when/if I get results.

(3) Unless Stata determines that this is some kind of bug, avoid the Fisher Exact test. Even with the new and improved formula, this table may be too big for it to handle. The variables are ordinal, and alternatives were suggested when a similar problem came up earlier.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]