st: RE: "looping" within a command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: "looping" within a command
Date   Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:11:19 +0100

I take it from this that you always have a -name- and -id-
variable: what differs are the number of -a*-.

If you know N in advance you could build up your -infix-
call like this:

local N = <whatever>
local call "str name 124-143 str id 144-152"
local j = 217
forval i = 1/`N' {
	local call "`call' str a`i' `j++'"
}

then

infix `call' using rawdata.txt

e.g.

------------------ readin.ado
local N = `1'
local call "str name 124-143 str id 144-152"
local j = 217
forval i = 1/`N' {
	local call "`call' str a`i' `j++'"
}