st: using Stata's micombine command on a SAS-imputed dataset

From   "G. ter Riet" <>
Subject   st: using Stata's micombine command on a SAS-imputed dataset
Date   Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:53:09 +0200

A colleague of mine imputed data using SAS's mi command. The dataset, containing m=5 imputations, I translated into a .dta format using StatTransfer. I wondered if Stata's micombine command might be able to get the regression coefficients. I created the two variables _i and _j that normally would be present had we used Stata's mvis command instead of SAS's mi command and ordered the dataset as mvis would have.

I still get the following error message after using micombine.

. micombine regress s_mh dum1grp dum2grp gesl lft cd4 vload, impid (_j)
no row-identifier variable found - data may have incorrect format

What format does Stata expect? Any help to sort this out will be greatly appreciated.

Gerben ter Riet, MD PhD, Academic Medical Center
Dept. General Practice, Room J2-118, 1105 AZ Amsterdam