Re: st: Problem of convergence

From   "Dev Vencappa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Problem of convergence
Date   Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:40:57 +0100

Rozilee,
  did you try the maximize options for sureg? You can have try several things from the manual, eg add the difficult option, for instance or change the tolerance criteria.  You may as well try to specify a different maximisation algorithm or switch between maximisation algorithms. It usually works. See help maximize for these options.

Hope that helps

Dev

>>> [email protected] 09/10/2004 18:07:21 >>>
Hi all

I have a sets of mixed cross country data started from 1996 to 2000 and
trying to estimate SUREG model. My equations system consists of three model
and when I invoking 'isure' option, the stata output show " convergence not
achieved".

Is it valid to report the output since the data failed to converge?

Thanks.