Re: st: RE: Log-Likelihood of Each Observation

From   "Marc F. Bellemare" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Log-Likelihood of Each Observation
Date   Sat, 09 Oct 2004 17:19:23 -0400

Dear colleagues:

Stas was pretty close. I tried his suggestion, and my ml program was not able to find feasible initial values anymore! (This strikes me as rather odd, by the way...) So what I did was to generate (prior to defining my ml program) a new variable called logL, and to add at the end of my ml program which is just "replace logL = `lnf'. It now works just fine.

To answer Stas' question, I am running a Vuong test to discriminate between two non-nested models, one of which is a bivariate probit, in order to see which is best supported by my data.

Thanks very much, Stas' and Maarten!

Marc