st: RE: RE: RE: A continuous DV between 0 and 1

From   "Carter Ivan Rees" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: A continuous DV between 0 and 1
Date   Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:06:45 -0600

I am very much in agreement with the first response posted by Nick.
This is one of the most common ways OLS is abused.  Hence the comment
about examining what your DV distribution looks like, test all of your
assumptions, and verify that your results make sense.

I am not so sure that my second recommendation should be overlooked so
quickly.  Data exploration is a must and I think that what I have
suggested would be a good starting point.  However, if more powerful
analyses are available by all means analyze accordingly.

Carter Rees, M.A.
Associate Research Scientist
Wyoming Survey & Analysis Center
710 Garfield St.