st: Reference Category for Dummy Variables

From   "Carter Ivan Rees" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Reference Category for Dummy Variables
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:18:07 -0600

I am running a logistic regression and would like to know which category of a 0/1 dummy variable Stata uses as the reference category (first or last).    The results I am getting right now are counter intuitive.   I have checked my coding scheme and it is OK.  Thanks in advance.

Carter Rees, M.A.
Associate Research Scientist
Wyoming Survey & Analysis Center
710 Garfield St.