Re: st: A continuous DV between 0 and 1

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: A continuous DV between 0 and 1
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:35:40 -0400

You would need to use -glm- set of routines with -family(binomial)-.
If you also want all of the residual diagnostic tools provided by the
-regress-, you can back-transform your data by taking inverse logit or
probit links ( ln(y/(1-y)) and invnorm(y), respectively), although I
am not quite sure there is a solid statistical foundation for doing

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:22:41 -0500, Kang, Eugene <> wrote:
> I am using STATA 8 to analyze a model with a ratio DV ranging from 0 to 1.
> The distribution of this DV is somewhat S-shaped. I was wondering if someone
> could point me to the correct statistical analysis to use (I can read the
> STATA manual and other books from there on). I know that this is a simple
> question, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Stas Kolenikov