st: RE: RE: Sqaure root + the Hausman test

From   "Alexander Severinsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Sqaure root + the Hausman test
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:41:49 +0200

Hi Statalisters,
That square root diameter was puzzling, but after some "googling" it
seems that the square root of a diameter can be used to compare
binoculars, e.g. magnification * square root of diameter = "Astro

I am also curious about the Hausman test. I am doing an econometrics
paper this semester. I use Stata, and everyone else, including the
lecturer, use SAS. We have been comparing an xtreg fixed effect and a
random effects model. I come out with a Hausman test statistic = 31.75,
and SAS gives 28.35. Is it possible that such a difference can be due to
rounding error, or should this be further investigated? I would
appreciate any comments on this.

Best wishes,
Alexander