st: St: Swamy-Tinsley algorithm.

Subject   st: St: Swamy-Tinsley algorithm.
Date   Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:15:30 -0400

I was reading a paper by Martin Ravallion and Mrs. Benu Bidani (Decomposing
Social Indicators
using Distributional data) and I would like to apply their method on one of my
current research topics.
I have specifically aggregate health expenditures by countries and would like to
disagregate them by
regions using their characteristics.

Does any one has a stata program to estimate Hildreth-Houck GLS models using the
Swamy -Tinsley
algorithm? Details could be found in the paper above.

Is there any simpler method ?

Best regards.