st: Re: data management help

From   Christopher F Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: data management help
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2004 07:21:49 -0400

On Oct 4, 2004, at 2:33, Mindy wrote:

I have a data set with 131,000 firm observations over 14 years.
Individual firms may be in the data set between 1 and 14 times. I want
to keep only those firms that have observations for the entire 14 year

piece of cake:

bysort firm: keep if _N==14

A harder problem is to impose a condition like 'companies must have at least four consecutive years of earnings data.' I have dealt with that successfully (with a little help from Nick and -tsspell-).

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics

* For searches and help try: