Re: st: GLLAMM help

From   "Dana Shills" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM help
Date   Sat, 02 Oct 2004 23:52:16 +0000

Stas

Size refers to firm sizes categories(small/medium/large)..I have observations on firms that are classified into size groups as well as industries. So i am trying to see how much of the variance inY is explained by variance due to country and size(or industry) (and their interactions as well).

In the total variance you mention, what is _pi^2/6? Im sorry if this is too basic a question but could you at least direct me to some elementary reference material..I have only used SAS's PROC MIXED for this kind of variance component analysis before.

_pi^2/6 + 0.054 + 0.012.

Thanks

Dana