st: merging panel datasets using more than one variable as merging criteria

From   "sarah smith" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: merging panel datasets using more than one variable as merging criteria
Date   Fri, 01 Oct 2004 22:41:11 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to match 2 panel data sets, but I want to use more than 1 variables as matching ctireria. i.e. I want to do something like that

merge name lastname year using x

However STATA 8 does not seem to be able to use more than 1 criteria. I will be very happy if you can help me!

Best,
Sarah

Get ready for school! Find articles, homework help and more in the Back to School Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04backtoschool.armx

*