st: Fwd: Infix Command

From   "Rima Chakravarty" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Fwd: Infix Command
Date   Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:38:58 -0400

I am trying to import an ascii file into Stata using the infix command.
There are fields which has the format as 9(13), without any decimal
place but numeric. Stata is messing up the last two numbers of that
specific field in the imported Stata file. But if I import that field as
a string field then it is importing it correctly. I have been trying to
figure out why this is happening for quite sometime.  Just wondering if
anybody have an answer for this.

Rima Chakravarty
Economist
Tax Research - Dept. of Revenue