RE: st: [pooling in ordered logit]

From   jean ries <>
Subject   RE: st: [pooling in ordered logit]
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:39:25 +0200

At 14:27 29/09/2004, you wrote:
Dear friends,

I have an ordered logit model that I would like to estimate.
How can I test for the poolability of my data?

The following paper seems to suggest that there is no formal test to do this:

P.H. Franses & M. Cramer, 2002.
"On the number of categories in an ordered regression model,"
Econometric Institute Report267, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Econometric Institute.

best wishes,

* For searches and help try: