st: RE: counting

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: counting
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:02:24 +0100

You got what you asked for.

By default -count- shows its result.

-display- with no arguments shows a blank line.

Alternatively, suppress the -count- result and do this:

forval i = 1/10000 {
	qui count if d0 == `i'
	di "`i'.5" "{col 8}" r(N)
}

-outsheet- isn't going to help with this because you
are not putting the results in a variable. A better
way to put this in a file is e.g. using -postfile-.

Andreas Aschbacher