Re: st: Gologit and equivalent of mlogtest, lr

From   "maartenbuis" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Gologit and equivalent of mlogtest, lr
Date   Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:33:13 -0000

Dear Herv�,

Multinomial logit and gologit estimate multiple parameters for each
explanatory variable. What -mlogtest, lr- does is a likelihood ratio
test of whether all parameters of a single explanatory variable are
simultaneously equal to zero. In other words: it compares the
likelihood of a model with and without the explanatory variable
(leaving a variable out is the same as constraining all the parameters
for this variable to be zero).

This can easily be implemented in STATA. In the example below I test
whether all parameters of weight are equal to zero. It results in a
chi-square statistic of 18.27 with 4 degrees of freedom, so the null
hypothesis (all parameters of weight are zero) is rejected at the .001
level.

sysuse auto
gologit rep78 price weight
estimates store A
gologit rep78 price
lrtest A

Maarten

--- In [email protected], "Herve STOLOWY" <stolowy@h...> wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> In the multinomial logit regression, in order to test the effects of
the independent variables, I do: -mlogtest, lr-.