st: Re: tabstatmat repeatedly

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: tabstatmat repeatedly
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

Camelia,

Here is one way to build up a big matrix with the results from
-tabstat-.

sysuse auto, clear
local i = 1
foreach var of varlist price mpg weight {
  quietly tabstat `var', stat(mean sd) by(foreign) save
  tabstatmat mat
  if `i'==1 {
    matrix bigmat = mat
    }