st: RE: generating one twoway graph using by

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: generating one twoway graph using by
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:34:30 +0100

Good news: There are various ways to do this.

One is that if your data are well behaved this
should work:

. sort PID idate
. line ivalue idate, connect(L)

Another is to -tsset- these data and use -xtline-.

. tsset PID idate
. xtline ivalue, overlay legend(off) ...

Another is to download -linkplot- from SSC:

. ssc inst linkplot
. linkplot ivalue idate, link(PID)

-linkplot- has other uses besides this problem;
the other solutions, however, may or should work
with time series data, as yours evidently are.

Daniel Egan