Re: st: estimates and dprobit

Subject   Re: st: estimates and dprobit
Date   Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:14:04 -0400

The reason for this is that -dprobit- is a wrapper on -probit-. They
have the same underlying estimation, but just report results
differently, and in the guts of Stata, the probit estimation results
are what really is stored.

As they say, if this is documented, this is a feature, not a bug :)).

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:14:16 +0200 (CEST), Edwin Leuven <[email protected]> wrote:
> i find -estimates- a convenient command to combine output from
> estimation commands using -estimates table-
>
> one recurring annoyance however is that it doesn't play nice with
> -dprobit- :
>
> instead of reporting the marginal effects it reports the probit
> coefficients!
>
> i guess this email is directed to statacorp as a request to have
> -estimates- report probit coeffients after having run -probit-, and
> marginal effects after -dprobit-
>
> if people have opinions on this, please do not hesitate to flame me
>
> edwin

Stas Kolenikov
http://stas.kolenikov.name