st: -aboutreg- tutorial

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   st: -aboutreg- tutorial
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:13:26 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

per user's request, I've made a very basic patch for the -aboutreg-
tutorial to work with Stata 8 (some minor changes like taking into
account that -auto- data set has moved somewhere from the system
directory). I am aware that -tutorial- is an outdated way of laying
things out, and the modern way of presenting things with Stata better
be based on SMCL, and there's a bunch of new regression diagnostics
commands -- I'll do it someday... when I retire probably :)).

Type -findit aboutreg- if you are interested. It should point to my
Stata page at UNC.

Stas Kolenikov