Re: st: Still gllamm

Subject   Re: st: Still gllamm
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:43:14 -0400

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:22:25 +0200, Edlira Narazani
<[email protected]> wrote:
> 1. I'm using gllamm as follows and at the end of iterations I dont get t-values
> or standard errors. Therefore I cant use it without estimation statisctics.
> 2. when I want to include some random effect (33 firms in 23 years follow some
> choices which take value 0, 1,2)I have done in this way. At the end of
> iterations I get the note: Hessian matrix is not symmetric.maximization did not
> converge.

Both of those are the evidence of difficulties with maximization. Try
-difficult- -- I think -gllamm- supports it without documenting. I
also thought of tightening the convergence criteria with -gtol()-
option, but it is not supported by -gllamm-.

Otherwise, you would have to admit that your model is misspecified and
not supported by data, so you would have to rethink it.

There is still a possibility that there are some minor bugs in
-gllamm-, in which case you should address Sophia Rabe-Hesketh and ask
if that is something that -gllamm- is responsible for (as opposed to
-ml-).

--
Stas Kolenikov
http://stas.kolenikov.name