st: RE: -movestay- issue with variable abbreviation

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: -movestay- issue with variable abbreviation
Date   Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:23:42 +0100

The authors of -movestay- do not appear
to be members of Statalist.

I think Renzo is right. His example is
fixed in the following way. Copy the program
to a new file. After the block of code

tokenize "`select'", parse("=");         // define vars for regression equation
	   if ("`2'"!="=") {;
	         tokenize "`select'";
                 local y_prob `1';
	         macro shift;
	         local x_prob `*';
           else {;
	         local y_prob `1';
                 local x_prob `3';

a new line is needed to unpack wildcards:

	unab x_prob : `x_prob' ;

My hunch is that this should not prove problematic
in other ways.

Renzo Comolli