st: config. mgt issue

From   Gregory Branch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: config. mgt issue
Date   Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:56:39 -0700 (PDT)

We have a bunch of workstations running STATA for
windows, and a server with multiuser STATA for Linux
64.

My question is, are the adofiles (base and especially
update) the same (portable) between these two
platforms, such that they can share ado path
locations? I would very much like to centralize
updating of the adofiles, particularly with respect to
add-on packages and our own components.

Do I need separate adopaths for windows and Linux 64
STATA for
base?
updates?
site?

If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing
and could shed some light on it, I would be most
grateful.