st: Meta-analysis of rates?

From   Sona Saha <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Meta-analysis of rates?
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:47:58 -0700

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with any routines or commands in STATA that allow for a meta-analysis of rates?

The metan, meta and metacum commands require 2 groups for analysis. Ideally, I would very much like to pool these rates with options for random or fixed effects models, evaluating heterogeneity and the ability to create Forrest plots. However, I have not found a routine that will take data for just one group per study. If you have any suggestions or advice that would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,
Sona

Sona R. Saha, MPH