st: meaning of _result(#) in stata.

Subject   st: meaning of _result(#) in stata.
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:57:14 -0400

Dear Stata users,
I am ashamed to ask this but is there any paper or file that describes the
meaning of _result() followed by a number?
I know some concern mean, variance, etc.
I also know that stata has new syntax for them through the e(name) r(name) etc
But sometimes, when reading old programs, I would like to know the exact meaning
of the macro.
Where can I find an exhaustive explanation for these macros?
Best regards.
Amadou DIALLO.
Ph.D. candidate.