Re: st: nested loops for calculating a population 'at risk'

From   Edwin Leuven <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nested loops for calculating a population 'at risk'
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:19:20 +0200 (CEST)

the way i would do this is the following

. expand 259 - 167
. bysort id : g date = birthdate - 259 +  _n
. collapse (count) id, by(date)

(making sure that the days count up)

edwin