st: RE: nested loops for calculating a population 'at risk'

From   "Hulley, Benjamin (NIH/NCI)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: nested loops for calculating a population 'at risk'
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:32:16 -0400

I may be misunderstanding your data structure, but is this close to what you
want?

Let:
concept = pregnancy start date (needs to be a stata date)
current = the date for which you want the range
lower = lower bound of stage of pregnancy in days
upper = upper bound of stage of pregnancy in days

So in Stata:
local lower = 169
local upper = 259
local current = date("1/1/1988","dmy")
gen length = `current' - concept
count if length >= `lower' & length <= `upper'

-Ben

NCI/DCEG/GEB
Room: EPS 7007
Tel: (301) 402-1622