st: Help: Stata wont save a file!

From (Andrew A. King)
Subject   st: Help: Stata wont save a file!
Date   03 Sep 2004 19:54:52 EDT

I have been working on a file all day and just tried to save it.  I use:

. save "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew.King\Desktop\AK_data_work.dta"

and I get:

unrecognized command:  save

Indeed, suddenly it wont recognize any commands, including some I just used and worked fine.  Now it just crashed.

I have had this problem before -- usually after a long day of work.  How can I avoid this problem in the future?

Andrew King
Associate Professor of Business Administration
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
202 Chase Hall
Hanover, NH 03755

Cell: 603-359-0369
Office: 603-646-9185