st: Predicting ages from a survivor function

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Predicting ages from a survivor function
Date   Thu, 2 Sep 2004 18:48:19 +0200

Dear stata-users,

I have carried out the following analysis which I hope you find correct and
clear:

qui stset age, failure(out)
sts generate kmout=s 	/** Kaplan-Meier survivor function **/

streg, distribution(lnormal)
predict lnout, surv	/** Log-normal survivor function **/

I would like to know how can I obtain the predicted "age" at specific values
for each of the two survivor functions,"kmout" and "lnout".  For example, at
set values of (0.1,0.2,..,1.0).

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Amani