st: Technical problem with STATA

From   "D. Pavlopoulos" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Technical problem with STATA
Date   Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:59:57 +0200

I have installed STATA 8/SE in a notebook with OS Windows XP Pers.

The last week when I try to start the program the message "wsestata has
encountered a problem and has to close" pops up and STATA closes. I have
removed and reinstalled the program several time but this didn't do any

I have sent an email to techical support but I had no reply from them.

Does anyone know how can I solve the problem? The same version of STATA
works perfecty in my work pc as well as in the pc's of my collegues (it is a
4 - users licence).