Re: st: newey-west estimation

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: newey-west estimation
Date   Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:23:19 +0100

Or you could use ivreg2, which will give you the R2.

E.g., the following two are equivalent:

ivreg2 cinf unem, bw(3) robust small

newey cinf unem, lag(2)

Cheers,
Mark

Subject:        	Re: st: newey-west estimation
To:             	[email protected]
From:           	[email protected]
Date sent:      	Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:12:51 +0200
Send reply to:  	[email protected]

> newey corrects only the standard errors of the coefficients. it does
> not affect the R2, which can be obtained by a normal OLS commad, e.g.
> reg.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Justina
>

>              Nazaria Solferino
>              <[email protected]>
>              Gesendet von:                                   An
>              owner-statalist@h          [email protected]
>                  sphsun2.harvard.e
>              Kopie du
>                                    Thema
>                                    st: newey-west estimation
>              01.09.2004 11:04
>

>               Bitte antworten
>                     an
>              statalist@hsphsun
>                2.harvard.edu
>

> I'm doing some estimations using the "newey" command:
> newey y x , lag(#);  could someone tell me why as
> result there are informations only on the  F test and
> not also on the R squared? How may I measure also the
> R squared?
>

> ___________________________________
> Yahoo! Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di Ricerca di Yahoo!
> http://companion.yahoo.it * *   For searches and help try: *
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html *
> http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq *
> http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK
44-131-451-3494 direct
44-131-451-3008 fax
44-131-451-3485 CERT administrator
http://www.som.hw.ac.uk/cert