st: one tailed F statistics from TEST

From   "Xuefeng (John) Jiang" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: one tailed F statistics from TEST
Date   Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:41:30 -0400

Dear all,

I want to compare the difference between two coefficients from a linear
regression. The STATA command TEST gives me a F statistic from a Wald test.
If I have a direction prediction of the two coefficients, can I convert the
p-vlaue from the F statistics from two tailed to one tailed, despite the F
distribution is not symmetric? Or I have to convert the F into a t
statistics? Thanks.