st: obtaining confidence intervals after mfx compute

From   "Jose A. Aleman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: obtaining confidence intervals after mfx compute
Date   Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:10:46 -0400

Dear list members,

Does anyone know how to obtain confidence intervals for the estimated Y
variable after the mfx compute command? Let's say you have an estimate of
your dependent variable, which is what (mfx compute) computing mean marginal
effects does. A very important issue in using regression estimates is the
ability to forecast the confidence interval of this dependent variable. As
far as I can tell, mfx compute gives you a confidence interval for the X
variables, but I need a measure of confidence for the predicted Y variable.

Thank you,

Jose Aleman
PhD Candidate
Politics Department