Re: st: Automatic mean-centering?

From   Fred Wolfe <>
Subject   Re: st: Automatic mean-centering?
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:23:59 -0500

At 02:11 PM 8/25/2004, you wrote:

I'm interested in re-running old models by mean-centering all my
continuous variables for comparison, as well as obtaining meaningful
intercept values.

But I'm interested to know if there's a
quicker way, especially if I have a _lot_ of continuous variables to
It's hardly automatic, but the quickest way I can think of is program that includes a foreach loop to create a newvar (m_varname) and an appropriate label for a varlist.

Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases
Wichita, Kansas
Tel (316) 263-2125 Fax (316) 263-0761

* For searches and help try: