Re: st: marginal effects after nlogit and clogit

From   "Sascha O. Becker" <>
Subject   Re: st: marginal effects after nlogit and clogit
Date   Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:20:31 +0200 (MEST)

Dear May,

thanks a lot for explaining why -mfx- cannot be used for computing marginal
effects after nlogit and clogit.

You write:
> The only prediction functions I found that are suitable after -nlogit-
> are xbb, xb1 and xb2. But these, I don't think, are terribly informative
> (if you are seeking marginal effects not elasticities), because these
> are linear functions of the covariates and coefficients, and so the
> derivatives will just be the coefficients of the model.

So, May: what is your favourite way of selling nlogit and clogit results to
readers who typically ask "how do I interpret these coefficients"?

Best, Sascha

Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen