st: cohen's d for medians

From   "Federico Soldani" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: cohen's d for medians
Date   Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:31:53 -0400

Dear Statalisters,
I am looking for a command that is the equivalnet of cohen's d, but for
differences of medians and percentiles, not of means and SDs (and related
I was calculating if two groups are different for a continuous variable;
then I realized that the distributions are quite skewed, so I though that
using medians and percentiles instead of means and SDs should be more
informative and accurate.
Please let me know whether you may have any suggestion for me.