st: cohen's d for medians

From   "Federico Soldani" <federico@post.harvard.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: cohen's d for medians
Date   Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:27:53 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I am looking for a command that is the equivalnet of cohen's d, but for
differences of medians and percentiles, not of means and SDs (and related
95%CIs).

I was calculating if two groups are different for a continuous variable;
then I realized that the distributions are quite skewed, so I though that
using medians and percentiles instead of means and SDs should be more
informative and accurate.

Please let me know whether you may have any suggestion for me.

Thanks,
FS