re: st: ivreg2 and panel group heteroscedasticity

From   "Jeffry Jacob" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: ivreg2 and panel group heteroscedasticity
Date   Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:02:51 -0500

Sorry, I accidentally sent the this message to Mark's personal email
address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffry Jacob [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 2:36 PM
To: 'Mark Schaffer'
Subject: RE: st: ivreg2 and panel group heteroscedasticity

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your response. It is very helpful indeed.
Since I have a fixed effect model, I need to mean difference the data
(using dummies results in #of parameters > # groups/clusters).
My thought of _cluster_ with _bw(1)_ was motivated by the fact that
since _abar_ test indicates no autocorrelation, cluster with robust and
bandwidth(1) might give me sigma_i's for each group where _bw(1)_ will
mean no autocorrelation. But now it is clear that _cluster_ by itself
will do all this.
I have one more related question though. If there is evidence of  cross
panel correlation, E(sigma_i,sigma_j)~=0, and there is endogeneity,
xtpcse can not be used. Will ivreg2 with robust give the right standard
errors in this case?
Thanks again,
Jeffry